Re: Quitting the Smokestack Habit .......

To: saltracer@awwwsome.com, land-speed@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Quitting the Smokestack Habit .......
From: FastmetalBDF@aol.com
Date: Mon, 26 Jun 2006 12:51:35 EDT
Thanks for those words to the wise, Tom ...... the  experiences related here
on our list about smoking, plus my own personal  observations for my entire
lifetime, make me aware
once again I made the right choice when I quit after TWO puffs,  and the
choking & coughing that followed, sometime around 1943 or '44, in  the typical
"out behind the barn, peer pressure from your pals" introduction to  the nasty
habit of smoking.  I'm sure I saved a lot of money that would  have gone up in
smoke in all those years since, and I've already breathed  way-too- much
unhealthy dust and metal particles in many years  of welding, and car-altering
pursuits.
    We all know respirators are needed and very  beneficial when we thrash in
the dusty and smokey aspects of our hobby ......  but, for the smokers who
wish to quit, I think sheer Will Power is the real  answer, whether you apply
it
in a cold-turkey method, or by cutting-down  gradually .
                     Good  Luck to All of You that Make the Attempt at
Quitting .......
        You will be glad you did sooner  than you might think( but not right
away ! )

Bruce, who thinks most all of us mere mortals are 'addicted' to something  or
other .......
                             it seems it is part of the human condition.