Re: Quit Smoking My Turn - BS

To: "Glen Barrett" <speedtimer@charter.net>,
Subject: Re: Quit Smoking My Turn - BS
From: "todd" <todd@twinjugs.com>
Date: Tue, 27 Jun 2006 01:12:04 +0000
It'll be a year on July 7th for me(I smoked for 27 years up until that
day)... it was rather easy for me to quit(compared to others), as they
actually cut the urge right out of me(although I still love the smell of a
burning cigarette).
The cure? I had one 8" slice put up the inside of each forearm, the arteries
removed and used in my chest once they did a third slice there to gain
access to my heart thru my ribcage(i imagine there's some of you on here
that know just what I'm talking about). It's those slices in my arm that
show up so prominently and make it much easier to do the next right thing
for me when going for anything from that slow long draw on a Malboro after a
good meal... to that greasy cheese covered salty mayo covered burger(and the
fries of course) when I go to put either one in my mouth. If it were ten
years ago(20 years ago I was still way too smart) and I knew what I know now
(concerning open heart surgery), I would go to the closest tattoo joint and
have them tat the best damn looking scars I could afford on my forearms so I
had a better chance to not get these real ones. I have absolutley no urge
whatsoever to pick up a smoke "at the moment", and was smoking almost 2
packs a day for the last 20 years.
Bad thing is we have to die to find out if we did actually quit.
Good luck to you Joe(and one and all that might cross this path),,, and
don't quit for someone else, I've never seen that work(unless it's truly in
that person to want to quit anyway), and only ends up pissing everyone off
around you(with almost certain failure in very short time).
I'll be glad to mail a pic of some very stupid scars I could of avoided if
they think it will help them though.
Todd
PS: congrads on a great accomplishment Glen(and all those befgore us)
PSS: I've saved over $2500 to put towards my LSR effort from the lack of
cigarette purchases in the last year(not that I can actually see that cash
mind you).