Fuel Shut-off question

To: "'LSR List'" <land-speed@autox.team.net>
Subject: Fuel Shut-off question
From: Jim Webb <jimwebb@nutsracing.com>
Date: Sat, 15 Jul 2006 13:07:57 -0500
Is a mechanical shut-off required for electric fuel systems? I know the book
says something to the effect of all non-stock fuel systems require a fuel
shut-off. Did I just answer my own question? <grin>. I know one time we got
dinged in tech for not having a mechanical shut-off on a system that used a
stock GM mechanical pump I know they are a good idea, but are they
required?

Thanks.

Jim Webb