RE: Fuel Shut-off question

To: "Jim Webb" <jimwebb@nutsracing.com>,
Subject: RE: Fuel Shut-off question
From: "Dave Dahlgren" <ddahlgren@snet.net>
Date: Sat, 15 Jul 2006 14:22:40 -0400
Others would know better but you will kill most electric pumps if you dead
head them with a mechanical pump shut off so it is something you get to use
only once per pump. If not an efi system that runs the pump I personally
would do either one of two things and possibly both and be well within the
spirit of the rule. Run an RPM activated switch to run the ground side of
the pump relay or run a hobbs type pressue switch to run the +12 volts side
of the same relay or run both so if no oil pressure or no rpm shut the pump
off obviously run the power to said relay to the master kill switch. This
way if you lose oil pressure you might still have an engine if the engine
stops turning you have no fuel as well and if anyone, safety personel
included, pulls the master switch you have no fuel yet again. Pretty simple
to wire up let me know if you want any help with it.
Dave