Re: Whats a good GPS to use for a speedo?

To: Askotto@aol.com
Subject: Re: Whats a good GPS to use for a speedo?
From: drmayf <drmayf@mayfco.com>
Date: Mon, 17 Jul 2006 18:20:52 -0700
I asked Intellitronix before they were acquired by Nordskog how their
gps speedo would work at high speeds. At that time they indicated that
their unit only updated every 1/2 second and that that would not be
accurate enough for lsr. They were originally made for off shore boat
racing which has speeds hovering around a 100 plus mph. At 200 mph and
1/2 second time interval, the car would tavel around 150 ft. At a topped
out speed, I suppose that would be ok. I am curious as to how you
determined the center of pressure of your car. Maybe you have discovered
the holey grail  of automotive aerodynamics with regards to finding that
easily and without extensive CFD computations. In all my reading on
aerodynamics of cars I have never found a method.

mayf, out in pahrump