Indian Motorcycle Belt Buckle not LSR

To: "autox" <land-speed@autox.team.net>
Subject: Indian Motorcycle Belt Buckle not LSR
From: "Ellen Wilkinson" <gary_ellen@msn.com>
Date: Mon, 17 Jul 2006 21:10:59 -0600
Hi, we received the following email, would any of you be familiar with this
item and able to identify it?  I will be happy to forward any answers.  Thanks
for all your help.
Ellen
Gary & Ellen Wilkinson
Utah Salt Flats Racing Association
World of Speed Sept. 13 - 16, 2006
www.saltflats.com<http://www.saltflats.com/> See you on the Salt

I have an Indian belt buckle that was given to me over 20 years ago that
looked really old then. The person that gave it to me found it going thru a
"junk" drawer of a relative and had no idea of the age it or couldn't tell me
anything about it.  It has an Indian motorcycle on it, the words "Indian
motorcycle", and the head of a Indian man inside of a circle, and an I in each
corner.  In very small letters along the bottom of the buckle it says, Speed
Trials-Utah Souvenir.  I think it is probably brass or copper. It is in good
condition, but very tarnished and I don't dare clean it up until I know a
little more about it.  There is some type of marking on the back, but
unfortunately I can't make it out. The actual buckle part is fairly crude
which leads me to believe it is in fact old.
Can you give me any idea as to the age of this  belt buckle? Like maybe the
year they were given out?  Is there a way to tell if mine is the real thing or
a reproduction?
I know this is a fairly off the wall question, but I didn't know where else to
start.  I'm not sure if you can help, and if you can't I'm sorry to have taken
up your time.  If you can, ANY thing you can tell will be greatly
appreciated.
Thanks in advance,
Virginia