Re: Muroc,

To: Keith Turk <kturk@ala.net>, Jim Dincau <jdincau@qnet.com>,
Subject: Re: Muroc,
From: Dick J <lsr_man@yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 26 Jul 2006 16:48:54 -0700 (PDT)
Keith Turk <kturk@ala.net> wrote: ..Jim thanks for the info on the air show....
that means that the runway is no longer closed to outside events...The cost to
the Air force is Zero... unless they are paying guards overtime these days...
sure it increases requirements for Military folks... and that can be a pain in
the butt... however our tax dollars are currently writing those checks...I
think it's a simple matter of trying to get it done again... the SCTA has the
money in the coffers to pay whatever the weenies feel they have to charge....
Maybe we just need to ask?

  There are always little promos that could be incorporated into the proposal
to make it more enticing to the base commander and his staff.  Things like:

  Offer actual rental for the lake bed (paid out of entry fees)
  Exclusive food concession to the NCO ladies aux
  Hire off duty military police for security officers
  Invite the base safety office to be part of the show
  Pay for use of base fire truck
  Pay for use of base ambulance
  Promote publicity and good will with base public affairs officer
  Let military members run free it they pass inspection
  Guarantee cleanup after the event

  (Any funds paid cannot be paid directly to the USAF, but could be in the form
of donations to the various non-appropriated funds activities on base)

  DickJ
  In East Texas

starting at 1"/min.