Photography of Bluebird CN7 Bonneville sixties

To: Land Speed List <land-speed@autox.team.net>,
Subject: Photography of Bluebird CN7 Bonneville sixties
From: "MPittwood@compuserve.com" <MPittwood@compuserve.com>
Date: Sun, 6 Aug 2006 13:56:17 -0400
I have been asked to seek help for two colleagues in the Speed Record Club
who are preparing a colour book on the record bids of Donald Campbell.

Many colour photographs obtained from the estate of the late Leo Villa,
Don's mentor and crew chief, will be published for the first time.  But as
we all know the crew chief would not get pictures of the runs made.

The authors lack colour photographs of the 1960 attempt when Donald and the
Bluebird team first arrived on the salt, to take on the best of the US
racers.

For those who will be going to Wendover, Speedweek on the salt and the Salt
Talks can you spread the word that there is a need for pictures prior to
the high speed accident.  Someone probably has a colour photo of the "Indy
Parade" that accompanied the effort, or of the British team meeting their
American rivals - Donald with Mickey T say?

At this time I just need to know if there is colour material - slides,
prints, negatives - that has survived and the owner will release for
publication.  I will then put people in touch.  Of course there may be
colour in the archives of publications such as Hot Rod that were never
used.

So when the racing is over for each day from next weekend onwards, please
spread the word that help is needed.

Thank you everyone.

Malcolm Pittwood, Derby, England