Re: WINDY Wendover

To: Sparky <wmtsmith@landracing.com>
Subject: Re: WINDY Wendover
From: Wester Potter <wester6935@comcast.net>
Date: Fri, 11 Aug 2006 21:33:37 -0600
Sparky may have headed for the salt but I couldn't find either he or
mayf as I cruised the pits.  Ed and Linda Van Scoy pulled in this
afternoon,  Keith, Joe Timney and Brad Johnson were inspecting as was
Jon Wennerberg.  The lines were about a quarter of a mile long before
they broke into four lanes closer to the inspection area.  New cars
were taking 20 plus minutes to get through inspection, "seasoned"
veterans were going through much faster.  The Brits were doing their
testing on the  diesel liner at the airport but had two big semis
blocking a large area at the far end of the pits.  The pits are about a
half mile long, three lanes, perhaps 2/5 full when I left the salt
after six tonight.  It was good to see everyone.

The salt is damp down toward the starting area ... sticks to your feet
when you walk but it has been drying rapidly.  A mile down course it is
good and just gets better from there.  By the time the racers get on
the salt tomorrow after the driver's meeting and a chance to drive the
course it should be in fine shape.  George Field had been dragging
since Monday, said they filled some holes that have set up well.  He
told Tom Burkland the course is smooth.

Wes