Re: What I learned my first time at Bonneville...

To: b.a.savage@wildblue.net
Subject: Re: What I learned my first time at Bonneville...
From: Askotto@aol.com
Date: Mon, 21 Aug 2006 12:53:46 EDT
In a message dated 8/21/2006 10:07:20 A.M. Mountain Daylight Time,
b.a.savage@wildblue.net writes:

Al  Teague had a tire spin indicator on his car that saved him a lot of
tires.
It also prevented blowouts and the risk of crashing. An excellent  safety
tool.

Hmmmmmm, what a great idea. I guess it measured front wheel RPM compared to
rear wheel rpm???? Should be "easy" to do with a real time data recorder.

Eventually I could feel it but only when they broke loose a lot. Slight  spin
was impossible to detect. From the looks of the ruts down track, many  racers
can't detect it either.

We want traction control, we want traction control! It would be  safer.

Otto