Re: JCB Streamliner

To: JDOHERTY <zoomph@eircom.net>
Subject: Re: JCB Streamliner
From: drmayf <drmayf@mayfco.com>
Date: Thu, 24 Aug 2006 08:15:05 -0700
Excuse me? A Grude Match? With who? Were there 2 AA/DS playing on the
salt that I missed? The effort put forth by the JCB team was awesome in
some ways and like a chinese fire drill in others. They got it done for
sure but at an extremely high  price: a stated $11,000,000 dollars. The
nearest competitor was the Chassis Engineering, a small company by JCB
standards who ran first to a record over 300 mph with a small, again by
JCB standards, Cummins diesel and three engine classes down. I find that
far more exciting than the JCB effort. And what about that superior
"British Engineering" malarky that is beiond espoused int he bews?
Superior to what? A team of from company who pent less that 1 /10000 of
the funds needed to get the JCB effort to work? That surely does not
sound so superior.  But maybe this superior means to superior to other
lack luster British efforts. The JCB news releases were in fact in just
plain bad taste.

mayf, out in Pahrump, nv and no I don't run a diesel....