Re: JCB Streamliner

To: land-speed@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: JCB Streamliner
From: James Tone <gmc6power@earthlink.net>
Date: Thu, 24 Aug 2006 12:07:25 -0700 (GMT-07:00)
When I responded with the rattled cage I didn't think many would respond.

Anyway, JCB needs to have the publicity to warrent what they have done$$$$$$.
The  racer/back yard builder will normally prevail when no monitary winnings
are there. JBC needs to justify all this and if their influance and money can
get them on TV or Magazines or what ever.  I'm not going to buy one of  their
products but some big company is and if the record helps them "it's just
business, nothing personal".

I remember a prominant Hot Rod Shop owner came to a SCTA meeting and said he
felt there should be classes for manufacturer backed race cars. They was very
polite and nothing was done after comments were made by many of those in
attendence.  Pete came over to my table after the meeting trying to explain why
it would be good for the organization. I told him he was barking up the wrong
tree as I had no vote on the out come of his proposal.. However I did ask him
if this was the only way the Big Backed Manufacturers could keep the records
they set. His answer was.... what? I said sure They could spend all theat money
and set the records but within 2 to 3 years they would be lost to a "hot
rodder". . . They're were no other comments.

Once factorys get what they want they are gone...Just like they did to the
Summers Brothers in 1965. That liner was never put in high gear.

So, let them boast all they want. Let's move on. With all the extra publicity
we will have another 100 entries next year...J.D.