Increased Interest in Land Speed Racing ~ part 2

To: wester6935@comcast.net
Subject: Increased Interest in Land Speed Racing ~ part 2
From: FastmetalBDF@aol.com
Date: Thu, 24 Aug 2006 17:38:17 EDT
THANKFULLY, Bonneville and Land Speed Racing coverage can now be  found once
again in the 'grandaddy' of all hot rod magazines .... and I  think some folks
on this list that take a lot of good-natured kidding  here have been quite
instrumental in helping this to happen !   After all, I do not believe any
other
car, or subject, ever got( about ten ?  ) pages of coverage in HRM .... well
deserved, may I say.  I'm  still hanging on to my very large collection of
HRMs, which is incomplete due to  the Beach Blanket Bingo / surfs up /
make-it-in-your van era when most of us  felt our 'Bible' had abandoned us and
become as
much a rag as it was a mag .....  we got by on Popular Hot Rodding, R & C and
CarCraft. PHR had  outstanding technical write-ups of many drag cars back in
those years. Those of  us that remember the 'cut-away' drawings of well known
salt cars in 1950s HRMs  by artist Rex Burnett would probably all like to see
a return of this  feature in Hot Rod Mag !  Dave .... think that was meant to
be a  hint ?  Bruce, not on the Salt in '06, but spending a lot of 'puter
time looking at pics and checking the speeds turned on both courses.
Outstanding
Runs by many small-displacement engines in many classes, and  leading the
pack were Jack & Rick ! Yes, Hot Rodders Can Do It, and  WILL Get Those Records
whenever they decide to do it  !!!