Re: Bret Kepner's View on Increased Attendance at Speedweek (

To: land-speed@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Bret Kepner's View on Increased Attendance at Speedweek (
From: Askotto@aol.com
Date: Mon, 28 Aug 2006 18:11:02 EDT
I for one was there racing because of DF reintroducing it in Hot Rod. It  was
a 1963 HR mag with the article on the "Impossible Tank" where Charlie
Markley ( The elder one) ran 264 in a drop tank. I vowed to build and race a
Drop
Tank Lakester. Ankle Biter actually contains F-40 drop tank parts  in the body.
It only took me 43 years after DF recharged me! Thanks Dave!

Otto