Re: Hydrogen Fuel (old LSR news)

To: Ed Weldon <23.weldon@comcast.net>
Subject: Re: Hydrogen Fuel (old LSR news)
From: Jon Bishop <jon.the.wise@gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 2 Sep 2006 17:11:59 -0700
On Sep 1, 2006, at 6:53 PM, Ed Weldon wrote:

> square mile backyard")............Hey!! cheap grain
> alcohol.....maybe that's
> the answer.  Registered Democrats get a 50% discount at the liquor
> store.
> Or maybe all it will take is to legalize marijuana in return for their
> support for nuclear power. (Not for me.......the smoke gives me hay
> fever)
> Ed Weldon (A left wing nutcase in favor of nuclear power.......talk
> about
> being on the fringe of the fringe.)

It's funny that you mention this. I sent a post a few days ago (don't
think it made it, too long perhaps) about something quite the same.
While marijuana is of no use for energy, the plant that it grows
from, hemp, has more cellulose than any other harvested plant and can
be used for everything from making a high pressure fiberboard for
construction to fibers for fabrics, and yep, you guessed it, methanol
for fuel! Also, the seeds can be crushed and strained, the seed
itself being used for a hempseed mash (aka gruel, used all over the
world in times of famine) which has a ton of nutrients, and then the
oil that is derived from the seeds can be used for everything that
petroleum is currently used for. Think about that.

~Jon