Re: WOS Pre Entries and Salt COndition Questions

To: drmayf <drmayf@mayfco.com>
Subject: Re: WOS Pre Entries and Salt COndition Questions
From: Wester Potter <wester6935@comcast.net>
Date: Fri, 8 Sep 2006 11:21:33 -0600
mayf,

Long course pre entries are running ahead of the usual with over 50 but
we have about 40 or so that always show up to register at the event as
well.  We will have a very busy short course/130 Club course.  The talk
Wed. night at the meeting was whether to put in a spectator area on
that course or leave it with just the area at the start.  The latest I
have is the spectator area will be down to the half mile or so.

Everything I have heard on salt conditions has been GREAT!  Harder than
last month, we'll be using the courses that were dragged for Speedweek
and the black lines are still usable.  Weather forecast is for highs in
the 80's and lows in the 50's.  No rain in the forecast after this
weekend and that's only in the mountains along the Wasatch Front, not
120 miles west.  Salt and weather should be great for World of Speed
from what I can tell.  Bring your sun screen and shade.

Gary Allen and Jim Burkdoll are going out tomorrow to start setting up
corners and cone placements.  I'm going out Sunday, as are another ten
to fifteen folks to start things off ... haul cones, mile markers, get
started with wire, place rebar, the usual scut work needed to get
things underway.  Ellen will set up at the end of the access road with
souvenirs and move onto the salt on Tuesday.  We have a new (to us)
trailer for the 130 Club timing.  The necessary sun shelters will go up
to be ready for Tuesday inspection.  Same old same old all over again.
Red Flame will be there on Tuesday the last I knew, dumpsters and
port-a-potties should show up tomorrow and the FM radios should be in
on Sunday.  We should be ready for racing on Wednesday.  Driver's
meeting at 9:00 AM!

Wes