Handling on Salt

To: List Land Speed <land-speed@autox.team.net>
Subject: Handling on Salt
From: Jane McMeekin <mcmeekin@columbus.rr.com>
Date: Fri, 8 Sep 2006 15:42:02 -0400
Not sure this message I sent out yesterday got out ... just had a
question about handling.

Tom and list,
      Even when everything seems to be right handling on the salt can
be interesting to say the least. Most everyone has experienced a
"yawing" motion at high speeds and as Tom pointed out, radical
corrections can cause bad things to happen in a hurry. In fact we
experienced more movement than usual, particularly in the early
morning hours, and I wondered if anyone else noticed the difference?
Leads me to question the wisdom of having a spool in our Winter's QC
as opposed to a "posi" or "open" rear end. Anyone  have thoughts
about the different set ups?
      Thanks, Don