FIA meet

To: list LSR <land-speed@autox.team.net>
Subject: FIA meet
From: Wester Potter <wester6935@comcast.net>
Date: Fri, 29 Sep 2006 10:32:03 -0600
My take on the Nish problems is just that this big block ... 673 C. I.
... engine is enough of a new thing for Cec and the crew that they are
still having teething problems with it.  There were shredded belts,
ruined generators, problems away from the engine itself that were the
root of all their problems.  Pulling that engine out and installing a
"smaller" engine is going to cost them in total power but they will be
returning to a relatively problem free setup they know well.  Going
from around 3,000 h.p. to somewhere over 2000 may not be that huge a
loss if they can solve the other problems and actually put down the
power for two runs.

I wish you could see the "engine heater" George found in town.  I
should have taken photos of it.  I have no idea what the original use
was but with 4 feet and a right angle of new black ducting attached to
it you still wonder who came up with the makeshift contraption and how
many junk piles they had to scavenge to get the parts to build it.  It
does work!  You could feel the heat from five feet away.

I'm anxiously awaiting the results as Jon sends them along.  If they
are still running tomorrow I'm going back out.

Wester Potter
Media Relations
Utah Salt Flats Racing Association