Carburetor and Distributor Vacuum

To: lsr list autox <land-speed@autox.team.net>
Subject: Carburetor and Distributor Vacuum
From: Dick J <lsr_man@yahoo.com>
Date: Sat, 7 Oct 2006 20:56:10 -0700 (PDT)
Does anybody still run a carburetor?

  I'm running a big block Chevy with an Accel ACC-9107 HEI distributor, Holley
4150 HP Pro-Series 1000 CFM on an Edelbrock Torker single plane intake, and a
Comp roller cam.  I have the distributor vacuum line connected to the vacuum
fitting located at the back of the intake manifold under the carburetor base in
the intake plenum.  The motor pulls well through lower gears, but falls flat in
high gear and tends to pop back through the carburetor.

  I've been told that I should not run the vacuum from the manifold.  One or
two people told me not to connect the vacuum at all.  Should I connect the
distributor vacuum somewhere on the carburetor?

  This is strictly an LSR motor and not used on the street.

  thanks
  dickj