Re: Non LSR but informative No. Korea nuclear test

To: "Wester Potter" <wester6935@comcast.net>,
Subject: Re: Non LSR but informative No. Korea nuclear test
From: "joseph lance" <jolylance@earthlink.net>
Date: Mon, 9 Oct 2006 20:15:07 -0400
So it may have been an inefficient dud.

If I remember correctly, the bomb we tested in New Mexico was a Uranium
bomb. Both of the bombs we used in Japan used Plutonium. After the Uranium
bomb test, confidence was so high that the Plutonium bombs would work there
was no need to test them before hand.

So the North Korean technology must be very poor if they used Plutonium and
still produced a dud, so they are probably a long way from weaponizing it
for use on a ballistic missile--still very scary if they or some terrorist
group can get such a dud near one of our harbors.

Lance