Re: by the numbers....>>>the running of a landspeed meet

To: <Askotto@aol.com>
Subject: Re: by the numbers....>>>the running of a landspeed meet
From: "Ed Weldon" <23.weldon@comcast.net>
Date: Sun, 15 Oct 2006 03:37:11 -0700
Otto--
Your ideas on calling cars by class has a lot of merit.  I'd like running with
racers of interests similar to mine.  Then again, that might get old for some
of us after a while.  I think the technical problems of administration and
communications would have to be worked out.  Most other racing venues operate
in a much tighter geography and this needs to be considered.  PA systems are
usually the key to that on the closed courses that we're used to.  And it
helps to have pits that don't spread out over a half a mile and a starting
line 2 miles away. The tight space of El Mirage is much better for that.
For Bonneville the key may be newer digital wireless technologies and the
associated gadgets which can be had at affordable consumer prices.  I can
visualize the day when everyone will have a thing like a laptop display in his
support vehicle or pit which will provide a variety of real time information
of interest to the racer.  Take a few minutes and think about the various
types of info that you'd like to see on the screen.  Glen and Ron Christensen:
Are you listening?
Ed Weldon