Re: B'ville Experience

To: "Sparky" <wmtsmith@landracing.com>, <land-speed@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: B'ville Experience
From: "Ed Weldon" <23.weldon@comcast.net>
Date: Mon, 16 Oct 2006 08:40:09 -0700
Sparky makes an interesting point about the opportunity to meet other
racers.  The big operations very often are a beehive of activity back in the
pits.  If I'm not well acquainted with the folks there I have a real
reluctance to go in and get in the way or interrupt the work.  That's just
me.  So when you're parked next to someone in one of the lines, whether
prestage, inspection, impound or even the portapotti there's a great
opportunity to meet and talk.
Imagine for a moment that through some miracle combination of technology,
management efficiency, tyranical rules, etc. we would go right from our pit
to the starting line ready to go.  You'd likely only get to chat at liesure
with the people pitted near to you.
OK...........an hour, maybe two in line........but all day?
Ed Weldon