Re: Internal Engine Block Painting

To: <drmayf@mayfco.com>, "Albaugh, Neil" <albaugh_neil@ti.com>
Subject: Re: Internal Engine Block Painting
From: "Ed Weldon" <23.weldon@comcast.net>
Date: Thu, 19 Oct 2006 11:19:01 -0700
Mayf--
You could have a lot of fun with a fairly consistently performing car
running simple designed experiments at Bonneville, or anywhere else for that
matter (like on a dyno or drag strip) where you can consistently load the
motor the same way and capture data with good instrumentation.
How about trying to come up with an explanation of DOE that the technical
wonks among us and the 2.5 GPA engineers can understand?  Might be a neat
exercise for one with your experience for those cold winter days out there
in the desert when you'd as soon ignore the machinery in the shop calling
your name.
Or can you recommend a website or software that is fairly easy to use (and
buy if necessary)?
Ed