Re: Dry sump systems...

To: <Askotto@aol.com>
Subject: Re: Dry sump systems...
From: "Keith Turk" <kturk@ala.net>
Date: Thu, 19 Oct 2006 23:32:42 -0500
Yeah I suspect it's some better with a sealed engine.... but I used the
system to pre-oil the motor with the Rodeck block...  then I found I really
liked the whole drysump gig... it takes the oil out of the pan and keeps it
away from the crank... not a bad thing.... then of course you have no oil
return problems because your sucking it out of several different places...

I've had or seen most of the things that can or do go wrong with wet sump
systems... and had some issues last year that we are addressing on Saturday
with a new Milodon pan... ( at 600 bucks  retail ...they ain't cheap
either )   Keep in mind Freiburger is the Engine guru on the Camaro and he's
the one that wanted the wet sump....  Quite frankly no matter how much I
like dry sumps.... I have to admit that once you get them sorted out wet
sumps can work okay....