Re: Engine Assembly Lube

To: land-speed@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Engine Assembly Lube
From: jthorn65@sbcglobal.net
Date: Fri, 20 Oct 2006 19:25:28 -0500
MPZ assembly lube is a great product. Make sure you get the thicker HP version
if you do
not intend to fire the engine within 5 days of assembly. If you intend to fire
it up within that
time frame you can use the standard MPZ assembly lube. Make sure whatever lube
you buy
it is 100% oil soluble and that the package plainly states this.
I have heard from a few reputable builders to use Marvel Mystery Oil on the
ring lands and
ATF on the cylinder bore and pistons skirts and not to use assembly lube there
so I don't.

John Thornton