What's going on?

To: land-speed-digest@autox.team.net
Subject: What's going on?
From: Jon Wennerberg <jon@infodestruction.com>
Date: Sat, 11 Nov 2006 12:01:49 -0500
It's about time for the old "Hey, is this thing on?" question -- darn
near no posts in the last few days.  I know there's an El Mirage meet
this weekend, but just 'cause Keith's there instead of on-line -- is
that any reason for everyone to be quiet?

So -- hey, yesterday the big day finally arrived.  I placed the order/
paid the deposit for the new crank for my bike.  For a year or two
I've been waiting, looking, shopping, hoping to find someone to make
a 58.44 mm stroke billet crank for the ZXZ12R, and gee, I kept
finding companies that would say "Heck, no, we won't make that
oddball for you" or "Sure, we'll do it -- but you'll have to buy
three."  Even when I found a vendor it took about 2 months for them
to send a firm price/delivery quote, so it's been a challenge (to say
the least).

But now the order has been placed, the 50% deposit wire-transferred
(my banker did raise an eyebrow at the amount of money I had her
send), and now I just have to wait another couple of months for this
hunk of metal to arrive.

Maybe I should give up on bikes and race something with an SBC under
the hood -- parts are a heck of a lot easier to find and get.

What's going on with you folks?

                 Jon Wennerberg
Seldom Seen Slim Land Speed Racing
              Marquette, Michigan