Re: What's going on?

To: <land-speed@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: What's going on?
From: "Benn" <karhu@california.com>
Date: Sat, 11 Nov 2006 10:31:59 -0800
Those who saw me win the superlottojackpot at this past year's Salt Talks will
be pleased to know that those bucks have been frivolously wasted--er,
CAREFULLY INVESTED in a future salt rod.  A coupla months ago I bought a 91
Turbo MR2 to build for the GT class, after thinking quite awhile about also
running a SBC/Corvette combo (the availability of race parts is definitely a
big consideration--but not the only one.)

The car came with a bad rod bearing, but I wanted to drive and test it a bit
before pulling the engine, so I just replaced the spun/pounded rod insert.  If
you guessed it wouldn't last 10 miles, you're right.  OTOH, it only cost me
about $10 out of pocket to learn a lesson (and I was driving gently, so no
additional block ventilation ensued).    So far, I've got little accomplished
past stripping the interior in preparation for a cage installation, but it's a
start.

Also been autoXing the ol' vette a bit, but I guess this wasn't supposed to be
the annual Christmas letter, was it?
Benn