RE: take a look at... dam little LSR -but SOME

To: "'Glen Barrett'" <speedtimer@charter.net>,
Subject: RE: take a look at... dam little LSR -but SOME
From: "John Staiger" <lsrvette@yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 13 Nov 2006 15:06:40 -0500
Glen - I guess we have similar backgrounds... I also was an airport rat --
and latter was lucky enough to land my first real job on the line.  Traded
work for flying time and picked up my ticket at the ripe old age of 18.  Saw
the same birds -- although I never flew the Waco or Howard, but did fly a
Stamp [sp] and many, many modern planes (at least for that era).

We had a wonderfully restored staggerwing that belonged to a Doctor that
also went back and forth to South America... there was quite a lot of
excitement the day the DEA showed up with a warrant and seized the Stagger
wing and his two other aircraft. Apparently the good Doctor wasn't coming
back from his good will trips as empty as he claimed... sure was sad to see
her sold... the airport was never quite as classy again...

John
Team Arrow / C5LSR