Re: El Mirage Sunday

To: "Doug Odom" <dlodom@charter.net>,
Subject: Re: El Mirage Sunday
From: "Tom Bryant" <saltracer@awwwsome.com>
Date: Mon, 13 Nov 2006 12:09:05 -0800
> Anyone have any info on El Mirage Sunday runs?    Doug Odom in big ditch

Doug,

You may know already, but the results are on the SCTA/BNI Web Site.

We did get to make a run at 10:30 AM Sunday after waiting out the storm on
Saturday. Our fuel delivery problem we had been fighting is resolved. It
evidently was the 45 deg fitting at the fuel tank in the suction line. (even
though Kinsler's Tech didn't think that it would be a problem) I turned the
tank 90 deg so the suction faced the driver's side of the car and then the
suction line could exit the tank without the fitting. IT WORKED! Although we
didn't go as fast as we wanted (200.85 mph) it is going to be an easier
winter knowing that we have ridded ourselves of the gremlin.

We left the lake bed about 12:30 PM Sunday. Their plan was to move the
course and start second round, which according to the results page, everyone
had a chance to make two runs. The wind started up just before we ran and
was getting worse, plus we had to be out of our motel in Lancaster by 2 PM
so we were out of there and home by 1 AM.

Tom, Redding CA #216 D/FCC