Re: I asked Santa for .... and got

To: James Tone <gmc6power@earthlink.net>
Subject: Re: I asked Santa for .... and got
From: adin@frontier.net
Date: Tue, 26 Dec 2006 09:49:29 -0700
Here is a true SWMBO [1] story, sadly.

I once had a Sumbeam Tiger (it followed me home.)  Hot 302/5 speed.
This thing idled like the mad dogs of hell.  (Never heard anything
like it short of a race track.

SWMBO hated this car.  I can't explain it, none of the dished actually
fell out of the cabinents - they just rattled about a little.

Anyway, I then bought a Pantera.  New meaning for the word hate.  I
thought perhaps I was being a bit greedy and sold the Tiger in hopes
of having a happy home life once again. (No.)

A few days before the transporter was to pick up the Tiger SWMBO
thought it would be a good idea to at least try a ride in the little
red car.  I put the top down and we went for a ride up the valley (I
drove like a normal person, yep).  When we got back SWMBO loved the
car, just a little too late.

Moral:  they never know what that "can" stand.

Better in the garage than chasing some floozie around a pool table.

[1]She Who Must Be Obeyed