Re: Oil tank size

To: "land Speed List" <land-speed@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Oil tank size
From: "Jim Dincau" <jdincau@qnet.com>
Date: Sat, 30 Dec 2006 15:00:20 -0800
If the pumps aren't scavenging 100% won't the engine eventually fill with
oil and the tank run dry? The arrangement of the windage tray and the
scavenge sump may leave more or less oil suspended in the engine but that
should be a constant. So if everything is working correctly including the
oil cooler all that's needed is enough to fill the system and keep the tank
outlet submerged. If I don't run a cooler then I need enough volume to keep
the oil temp under 240 for 7 miles. OK, thanks for kick starting me.
Jim