Re: Oil tank size

To: jdincau@qnet.com, land-speed@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Oil tank size
From: Flowbench@aol.com
Date: Sat, 30 Dec 2006 18:08:50 EST
Hi Jim,
Most of us that run at Bonneville have at least 2 or 3 (some even 4 or more)
scavenge sections and no air-oil separator. If this is what you have I use
either 4 or 5 gallon Patterson oil tank. If you are lucky enough to have an
air-oil separator you can use a much smaller oil tank, around 1.5 gals. If
you've
made your own tank all bets are off!
The larger tanks are needed to de-aerate the oil as it is returned from the
engine with lots of air. The tank design needs to large to help do this. I also
use a -16 or -20 single return or multiple -12's.
My new roadster has a 5 gallon oil tank & 2 -16 returns.

Happy New Year