RE: Wind tunnel article

To: "John Szalay" <john.szalay@att.net>, <land-speed@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Wind tunnel article
From: "Clay, Dale" <Dale.Clay@mdhelicopters.com>
Date: Wed, 3 Jan 2007 08:30:48 -0700
On my way back from UAE last month I picked up a Brit magazine called
Racecar Engineering at Gatwick Airport.  Very interesting mag.

It had a really good article discussing the JCB Dieselmax liner, the
development of their aero package and the trip to the salt.

You may be able to find a copy at a library or a larger book store (I've
never seen this title in the US, it's the December issue, Vol 16, No
12).  If not and would like to read it, contact me off line and I'll try
to fax you a copy of the article.

Dale C.

PS:  They do have a website, www.racecar-engineering.com, but it's a
subscription deal I think.

Subject: Wind tunnel article

would probably be too expensive, and currently only does
half scale models but interesting none the less.

AUTO RESEARCH CENTER

 What: Operates a wind tunnel that tests half-scale models of vehicles,
  most often race cars, for aerodynamics.
 Where: 4012 Championship Drive. Indianapolis IN
 Employees: 33.
 What's next: ARC wants to build a $100 million wind tunnel to test
full-scale vehicles.