Re: Parachute makers

To: "Jim Dincau" <jdincau@qnet.com>, "land Speed List"
Subject: Re: Parachute makers
From: "J.D. Tone" <gmc6power@earthlink.net>
Date: Thu, 4 Jan 2007 18:49:54 -0800
I used a company called Chute Metal in the Valley to repair a  3 panel
trangular chute I have used since 1985. I thought it was one of theirs but
the owner said it was not. That Company has been making racing chutes for
over 30 years I know of.  He liked it's design and asked to copy it. I guess
he did. I have used it over 200. I'll get the name if you want from Keith
Allen who picked it for me. Nice thing is it's right over the hill from you.

All manufacturers can have failures. Over the years I have seen brand new
ones from many of our advertisers not make it on the first pull.

Personally I would choke down what anyone said to slow down the "hit".