salt

To: list LSR <land-speed@autox.team.net>
Subject: salt
From: Wester Potter <wester6935@comcast.net>
Date: Fri, 12 Jan 2007 12:14:45 -0700
For what it's worth ... and because I don't remember anyone else
posting the information ...

The salt was reported to be under about 1" of water and the canal used
to collect brine for the mining operation was full according to a
report at the monthly USFRA meeting on January 3rd.  Pilot Mountain was
reported to have a solid coating of snow and since the reporter visited
Wendover we have had a good storm go through from Ely / Elko and toward
the Utah mountains that should have resulted in at least another 6" to
12" of snow depth on Pilot Peak.

Wes