Re: Heat-Wrap

To: wester6935@comcast.net
Subject: Re: Heat-Wrap
From: drmayf <drmayf@mayfco.com>
Date: Fri, 12 Jan 2007 11:16:42 -0800
Wes, just using your message as an entry point for some odd ball
thoughts of my own regarding this topic. Turbo charges have waste gates
to relieve the exhaust pressure which drives the turbine. It seems to me
that if the turbo is meeting the set point for the pressure and the
waste gate(s) are opening, then the turbine impeller has all the heat it
needs. So why would you need to keep the heat in if the turbo is working
as advertised without trapping the heat? We do not have to worry about
lag since we are generally on it most of the time anyway.  I do
understand the wrapping vs salt..I wrapped mine and for sure it keeps
the heat in! My pipes are just JC whitney aluminized steel and the
aluninazed just burned right off, lol. Pipes are now rustry as well. So
I am going to have them either coated with techline's turbo coating I
can do at home or have them ceramically coated...all just for keeping
them from rusting and maybe burning out.

I am interested in comments regarding the waste gates and heat.. No
flames though, lol...

mayf, way off and far out in pahrump where it is a bit colder today but
so far not bad...colder is coming..