clampless hoses

To: drmayf@mayfco.com
Subject: clampless hoses
From: Dick J <lsr_man@yahoo.com>
Date: Sun, 14 Jan 2007 18:21:08 -0800 (PST)
Yeah, I remember some of the back and forth "banter" on that.  And, as I
remember, ironically, the manufacturer, as well as somebody on the list who was
a genuine expert, said that putting a clamp on that type of hose and fitting
actually made it much more prone to failure!  Oh well, when you're in the tech
line, you gotta figure the tech guy is like God.  Just like you treat the IRS
auditor while he's thrashing through your files!

  Dick J
  In East Texas

drmayf <drmayf@mayfco.com> wrote:

Well, Dick, it was my experience last summer, that the aerospace hose
with push lock fittiings made specifically for them are not legal unless
they have hose clamps on them. I had to go to the car quest parts hose
and get a couple of boxes of various sizes to put on mine. No pass
otherwise. Per the head inspector at the time. So be careful of what you do!

mayf