Re: corrosion controle

To: MR VIKING <vcviking@wildblue.net>
Subject: Re: corrosion controle
From: Doug Odom <dlodom@charter.net>
Date: Mon, 15 Jan 2007 08:41:04 -0800
Jon, The main thing to make sure of is that the metal is properly
prepared. Clean, dry, and zero rust. Then use an etching primer. I have
used both DuPont and PPG and both work very well. These are the thin 2
part primers. Yes they cost a lot for primer but they are worth it. You
can weld right next to the primer and it does not peel away more than
1/2 inch or so. You can get it in spray cans now from the auto body
supplies store to touch up places after you weld something.
Doug odom in big ditch