Re: corrosion controle

To: MR VIKING <vcviking@wildblue.net>, Landspeed list
Subject: Re: corrosion controle
From: Dick J <lsr_man@yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 15 Jan 2007 11:31:57 -0800 (PST)
The only solution to corrosion control from the salt is Salt-X, wash - wash -
wash, and then more wash.  In 2003, I sold my car while at Bonneville, but had
a nice, new, empty trailer (flatbed) to tow home.  When I left the salt, I paid
the guy at the end of the road to give the truck and trailer a really good
wash. I had Salt-X all over, and had re-applied every night in town.  When the
guy got done, I paid him to do it a complete second time.  Then, when I got to
Salt Lake City, I spent an hour at a car wash getting pressure wash into every
nook and cranny.

  I then towed the empty, bouncing trailer on a whirlwind vacation to Zion,
Bryce, Grand Canyon, Flagstaff, Rosland, and many other tourist sights in
between.  A week later, we were outside of El Paso.  When I got up in the
morning and walked out into the motel parking lot with a "room-brewed" coffee.
Two little boys, about eight and ten, were squatting down next to the rear
wheel of my trailer examining this big white chunk of salt about the size of a
soft ball.  The younger boy had just touched it with his index finger and I
could hear him tell the older boy that he thought snow would be a lot colder.
The older boy, in all his wise years, explained that it would be a lot colder
if it was way up north, but not down here in El Paso. It was all I could do to
keep from bursting out laughing, but I wanted to cherish that moment.

  Yep, no matter how hard you try, there will always be some salt hidden
somewhere in the chassis.

  Dick J
  In East Texas

  PS,  Yeah, I know.   I told that story before, but there are a lot of new
guys on the list that I thought would appreciate it.

Glen Barrett <speedtimer@charter.net> wrote:
  Jon
If you log onto http://www.team.net/archive you will find lots of the LSR
information listed. It may save you a lot of time in some areas during the
build. We would still like you to ask questions on the site.
Glen

Bored stiff? Loosen up...