Heat Wrap lll

To: Land-speed@Autox.team.net (Landspeed)
Subject: Heat Wrap lll
From: Bobbyhotrods@comcast.net
Date: Mon, 15 Jan 2007 22:47:17 +0000
So I took my header and turbine housing to the spray man, if for no other
reason but to keep the thing from corroding.
He showed me a photo of a snowmobile header that supposedly reaches 2300*, and
his coating survives on it.
My question though is he told me to use stainless fasteners when assembling the
thing onto the car, which brings up the issue of high-temp fastening and
anti-sieze compounds.
I've been using a copper-based compound that says it's good for 2000*, but the
fasteners on the turbine housing had the silver stuff on 'em, and presumedly on
that end they know what they're doing.
The idea of using stainless fasteners I'm not sure about at all, rather I'd say
otherwise.
What say ye, cognoscenti? Thanks, BJ