RE: Pop Rivet Rant (part 2)

To: "'Jim Dincau'" <jdincau@qnet.com>, "'3 liter'"
Subject: RE: Pop Rivet Rant (part 2)
From: "Neil Albaugh" <neil@dbelltech.com>
Date: Fri, 19 Jan 2007 09:35:25 -0700
Jim;

Cherry Q rivets are a far better choice than an ordinary hardware store pop
rivet; their mandrel retention makes them stronger and more reliable. They
are a step below MIL-SPEC ones like CherryLock-- they look comparable to
AVEX rivets. I'd use them where they were applicable.

I wrote my "rant" because there is a lot of misinformation floating around
about blind rivets. I hope this may help clear up some confusion.

Regards,  Neil  Tucson, AZ