Re: hydrogen as fuel

To: land-speed@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: hydrogen as fuel
From: BWANA343@aol.com
Date: Fri, 19 Jan 2007 15:18:11 EST
In a message dated 1/19/2007 3:00:10 PM Eastern Standard Time,
Askotto@aol.com writes:

What  would a Hybrid car be in? It drives through a motor   ultimately

IMHO..ONLY...
Current (bad pun) Hybrids such as the Prius, Insight, Accord, Civic, etc.;
don't have much left after hard acceleration in an on ramp, stop light, or
passing situation. The LSR sport would probably be the least effective race
venue for these vehicles, as in effect they'd substitute only as a push vehicle

and not provide any advantage over a non-hybrid in top speed events.
The highly touted improved versions of hybrids or all-electric concept  cars
we see at shows are in need of batteries that haven't been proven yet. The
only one I've read about that might have merit is the Tesla, a Lotus bodied all

electric, $50,000.00, reservations being taken.
As I've said before, I think Diesel/Electric Hybrids are the only near term
reasonable viable alternative.
Bob, ready for your static, W