Re: hydrogen as fuel

To: dwarner230@yahoo.com
Subject: Re: hydrogen as fuel
From: Askotto@aol.com
Date: Fri, 19 Jan 2007 14:58:59 EST
In a message dated 1/19/2007 12:21:10 P.M. Mountain Standard Time,
dwarner230@yahoo.com writes:

"By the  current rules, an electric vehicle with energy supplied by a
fuel cell,  will run on the "electric" record."

What does  electric record have to do with alcohol and alcohol mixes as
stated in the  previous post?

DW

Actually Dan, that brings up an interesting point. Should a hydrogen
"powered" vehicle be in the electric class.

The Hydrogen cars are a totally new animal. I don't think they are what was
in mind with the electric class. Traditionally, battery/motor propulsion.

What would a Hybrid car be in? It drives through a motor  ultimately. The
motor drives the transmission with battery power and  the engine recharges the
battery and provides drive power when needed. It's an  in between class with
both electric power and engine power.

I tested a Toyota Prius (sp?) for a local news channel and found it was
faster that the equivalent gas only car with the same engine. The motor adds
punch to the engines power.

Otto