Re: Wendover ( ben-dover???) lodging for Speed Week

To: 23.weldon@comcast.net, land-speed@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Wendover ( ben-dover???) lodging for Speed Week
From: "Doug Anderson" <boogiewoogie12@hotmail.com>
Date: Wed, 24 Jan 2007 23:41:45 +0000
Well Ed,  I kinda 'smelled a rat' there ...

but then again,    "IF"    the piece of land WAS close to the salt....

well then,   -then there might be some benefit to owning it...   -maybe

Of course I knew about 'camping anywhere' out west -and it is a marvelous
thing.  And I've done it many times ( -and hope to again someday !!  soon! )
  -but still,... to "OWN' a piece of 'Wendover'

    cheers, "Dirt Track Doug"  -who HAS been  'east'  waaaaay too damn
long......

             - forever leadin' the way in the eternal search for Hot Blues,
                                        Cold Beer,  Fast Cars  and  Warm
Willin' Wimin'...

From: "Ed Weldon" <23.weldon@comcast.net>

Date: Tue, 23 Jan 2007

Doug....You've lived in the East too long.  This deal is another variation
of the Florida swamp land scam of an earlier generation.   Sure you'd own
something, I suppose.  But I doubt if you'd want to live there.  I wouldn't
be surprised if the Utah location of these "lots" was less than an hour from
any civilization and it could be as much as 5-6 hours drive from Wendover.

The other thing about the West that I learned when I moved out here was that
you can camp just about anywhere in the uninhabited deserts of the West.
This is a real surprise for any easterner who knows full well that if try to
camp anywhere outside organized campgrounds you're going to be awakened to
explain yourself.  So why would you want to buy and pay taxes on a piece of
land in the middle of the desert where you can camp for free?

No deal as far as I'm concerned...........

Ed Weldon

something more.
http://click4thecause.live.com/search/charity/default.aspx?source=hmemtagline_gratitude&FORM=WLMTAG