Speed Week and Rooms...

To: LSR <land-speed@autox.team.net>
Subject: Speed Week and Rooms...
From: drmayf <drmayf@mayfco.com>
Date: Thu, 25 Jan 2007 18:07:22 -0800
I been listening to the chatter regards the apparent lack of rooms
during Speed Week. Just how many people or teams have rooms already
booked for the event? And how many took way toomany rooms obegin with?
How many pre entries were/are expected? What I am getting at, or trying
to, is that if there are so few rooms available then is it time for the
SCTA -BNI to move the meet? Or are there enough competitors who already
have rooms that the current dates are good for them but not for a lot of
the rest of us? Is the governing body happy that there may be many of us
who won't come if we cannot get a room in Wendover? Or is this a TS
situation, so get over  it?  Given the fact that last year there were a
bazillion street cars in town added to the deficit of rooms as well, so
is that expected on top of there beng no rooms for the rest of us
weinees as well?  Sure seems like many of us will not make it, does
anybody care? Should the governing body be having a nasty chat with
Wendover chamber of commerce? Maybe this is Darwin in action so to
speak, got too many people so cut back on rooms so easier to handle?
Reduces the enthusiam and hence the amont of new reams in the future
sorta. Well, ok, but that sure won't maintain the roster because people
will go on to other things, eh?

Just some curious thoughts from a dingbat in pahrump, me! and still
trying to figure out how much water to put a radiator in, lol.

mayf