Re: Coke-bottle shapes, etc.

To: zoombot@cox.net, land-speed@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Coke-bottle shapes, etc.
From: BWANA343@aol.com
Date: Sun, 29 Apr 2007 12:52:25 EDT
In a message dated 4/29/2007 11:29:37 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
zoombot@cox.net writes:

The Area  Rule" which implies that as a certain size frontal
area approaches Mach 1  the hole it punches gets larger than the actual
frontal
area size. The  coke-bottle shape allows the pressure to reduce so that a
plane

So we know that "as we approach" Mach 1 this applies. We also know that as
we approach higher speeds air resistance is the main force to overcome.  My
thought is does this have any application to the special construction  cars at
the speeds they travel, as breaking this barrier is a gradual build  up of
pressure, and any way to diminish this , even at half or less, of Mach 1,  has
be positive, in the same vein as reducing any air resistance.
Bob, what ?, W