Re: What JCB can achieve

To: "Jon Amo" <webmaster@landracing.com>
Subject: Re: What JCB can achieve
From: Wester Potter <wester6935@comcast.net>
Date: Fri, 4 May 2007 08:17:10 -0600
I think you are also overlooking the fact that the piston powered,
wheel driven record is currently 417.020 set by the Burkland's #411.
That speed was the result of a parachute test of over 435 mph and a
throw-away back up run in a sense.  I've seen the car go 450 several
years before that two way record was set and helped to dig it out of
the mud when the parachutes failed.  I'm sure it will be an interesting
chase but currently the Donovan-Chryslers hold the record and the car
has yet to get over 50% throttle due to traction problems.  The
Burkland's were also the ones who tested tires for Mickey Thompson
before the last run of tires were available to racers so they know what
they are dealing with for tires.

Wes