GM Transmission Mystery Question

To: lsr list autox <land-speed@autox.team.net>
Subject: GM Transmission Mystery Question
From: Dick J <lsr_man@yahoo.com>
Date: Sat, 5 May 2007 13:00:07 -0700 (PDT)
On the passenger side of GM TH350 transmissions, just above the starter on the
bellhousing, there is a tab with about a 5/8" hole that sticks out
horizontally.  On the other side, there is a tab that doesn't have a hole, but
is angled with the bottom edge of the bell housing.  I've always wondered what
those two appendages were for.  I've never encountered an application where
they were doing anything. I'm sure GM didn't put them there just to puzzle guys
like me.  Can anybody solve this mystery for me?

  DickJ
  In East Texas

Try the Yahoo! Mail Beta.