Early Chevy Six

To: lsr list autox <land-speed@autox.team.net>
Subject: Early Chevy Six
From: Dick J <lsr_man@yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 21 May 2007 22:28:32 -0700 (PDT)
I was thumbing through the first issue of "Speed Mechanics" magazine (January
1952 ?) earlier this evening and was intrigued by the advertisement for the
RAJO power kit for six cylinder Chevrolets.  I remember reading that ad years
ago and wondered how that system worked.  Did RAJO ever produce any of those
conversions, and has anybody ever actually seen or used one.  It consisted of a
modified head with a special second intake manifold mounted above the stock
intake with two one-barrel carbs mounted side by side, one on each manifold,
instead of one in front of the other on a single manifold. It just had an extra
set of intake ports on top of the originals.

  Anybody know anything about these?

  I went to a local swap meet this weekend and saw not one, but two of those
weld-on kits to turn a single intake manifold into a triple.  One was a Chevy
six converted to three one barrels, and the other was a flathead converted to
three deuces.  Man, how I wanted one of those kits when I was a kid in school,
but $5.95 was an astronomical sum of money for me.

  I also saw an old dual pot Thickson flathead intake.  It was the real thing,
not a late model knock-off.  I should have bought that one just to hang it on
the wall.

  Dick J
  In East Texas

       Shape Yahoo! in your own image.  Join our Network Research Panel
today!http://us.rd.yahoo.com/evt=48517/*http://surveylink.yahoo.com/gmrs/yahoo_panel_invite.asp?a=7
 hot CTA = Join our Network Research Panel