HIstorical question

To: "lsr list autox" <land-speed@autox.team.net>
Subject: HIstorical question
From: "Wendy Jeffries" <salt@pollybutte.net>
Date: Tue, 5 Jun 2007 11:21:24 -0700
I need to check my facts for the Gas-up program

Who was the first woman to set a record at El Mirage?  Veda Orr drove lots but
didn't set a record.  Mother to the Wild Bunch drove in the '80s but no
records.  Sandy Haslem drove her roadster into the Dirty Two club but I had
set at least one record before that.  How about a motorcycle?  Any female
riders set a dirt record in the '80s or earlier? Don Vesco's wife might have
ridden at El Mirage.  Anyone know?

Wendy Jeffries, Editor
Bonneville Racing News